I don’t know if you have watched Promising Young Woman yet, but the movie is one wild ride. First, I was unsure of the movie, but after watching it I cannot stop thinking about it. The movie covers a tough subject, but one that needs to be talked about. It showcases situations women and men face every day when it comes to sexual assault, harassment, victim shaming, and the psychological effects it has on the victims and those around them. I did not expect it to end the way it did, it brought forth tons of emotion, and the music selected and how it was used in the movie are genius. The movie is out on digital, Blu-ray, and DVD, now and I highly recommend watching it. You can find all of the Promising Young Woman Blu-ray and DVD release info below. (Side note: The movie is not for kids!)
Disclaimer: I did receive a copy of Promising Young Woman in exchange for posting on my social media.
Promising Young Woman Synopsis
Everyone said Cassie (Mulligan) was a promising young woman…until a mysterious event abruptly derailed her future. But nothing in Cassie’s life is what it appears to be: she’s wickedly smart, tantalizingly cunning, and she’s living a secret double life by night. Now, an unexpected encounter is about to give Cassie a chance to right the wrongs of the past in this thrilling and wildly entertaining story.
Featuring incredible must-see performances from the entire cast, the bold and gritty PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN is led by critically acclaimed Mulligan who received the Los Angeles Film Critics Best Actress award for her role and has a phenomenal supporting cast including Bo Burnham (Eight Grade, The Big Sick), Alison Brie (Sleeping With Other People, “GLOW”), Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption, Thor: Ragnarok), Jennifer Coolidge (Legally Blonde, American Pie), Laverne Cox (“Orange Is the New Black,” Grandma), Connie Britton (“Dirty John,” “Friday Night Lights”), Alfred Molina (Frida, Spider-Man 2), Adam Brody (Shazam!, “The OC”), Max Greenfield (“New Girl,” The Big Short), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Kick-Ass), Chris Lowell (The Help, Up in the Air), Sam Richardson (“Veep,” “New Girl”), and Molly Shannon (“Divorce,” Superstar).
Promising Young Woman Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Bonus Features
- A Promising Vision – Writer/Director Emerald Fennell discusses her inspirations for writing this bold, genre-bending film.
- Two-Sided Transformation – A look at why Carey Mulligan was the perfect choice to play “Cassie” and how filmmakers used wardrobe, hair, and makeup to express the balance between light and dark.
- Balancing Act – Cast members discuss their unexpected reactions to the careful balance of levity and tragedy in director Emerald Fennell’s take on female revenge.
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Emerald Fennell
- Facebook: @promisingyoungwoman
- Twitter: @PromisingFilm
- Instagram: @promisingyoungwoman