Hersheypark Opening July 3rd Weekend
You can’t tell, but I am dancing around my house right now. Haha! Like many others, I have been waiting for Hersheypark to announce when they would be opening again. And also like many others, I am ready to get out of my house. Last year we had such an amazing time at Hersheypark. You can click HERE to read all about it and watch my youtube video below. But our wait is over because Hersheypark has announced plans to open on July 3, 2020, with July 1 and 2, 2020 reserved for special season pass holder days.
New Roller Coaster – Candymonium
Also, not only is the park opening, but Candymonium, “the tallest, fastest, longest, and sweetest coaster”, will be debuting as well! Here are all the details on Candymonium!
The hypercoaster features a lift height of 210 feet, max speed of 76 mph, and a track length of 4,636 feet with the most airtime of any coaster at Hersheypark. Candymonium spans 7 acres at the new entrance of Hershey’s Chocolatetown, a 23-acre development featuring an entirely reimaged arrival experience honoring the legacy of Milton S. Hershey.
Of course, safety and cleanliness are key, and that is just one of the many reasons I love Hersheypark. They do a phenomenal job when it comes to safety and cleanliness.
“On behalf of the entire team at Hersheypark, we can’t wait to kick off our 114th season with familiar favorites and exciting additions like Candymonium,” said Vikki Hultquist, General Manager at Hersheypark. “As we prepare to welcome guests back to our clean and green destination for family fun, we want them to know that their health and safety has been and always will be our top priority at Hersheypark.”
Hersheypark has implemented a variety of new safety initiatives to welcome guests back to a fun and safe environment based on the current guidelines and requirements that have been issued from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and various industry organizations. These efforts were outlined in a video featuring John Lawn, President & CEO, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, and Dr. Matthew Silvis, Director of Primary Care, Penn State Health Medical Group.
The new safety guidelines are detailed at www.Hersheypark.com/safety and include:
- Increased Cleaning & Sanitization: Hersheypark will sanitize high-touch areas frequently and add sanitization stations throughout Hersheypark.
- Guest Reservations System: A new reservation system will allow Hersheypark to follow state guidelines on capacity and allow guests to better plan their visit in advance.
- Social Distancing: Hersheypark will reinforce appropriate social distancing through signage, ground markings, and redesigned guest spaces.
- Face Coverings & Temperature Screenings: All guests over the age of two are required to wear face coverings, except while dining and on certain attractions. Guests should also be prepared to undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering Hersheypark.
- Ride Protocols: Hersheypark will determine social distancing and sanitizing requirements on a ride-by-ride basis with new procedures as necessary.
- Enhanced Team Member Training: All team members will undergo increased training on new protocols.
ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park will also open to the public on June 22, 2020, with exclusive days for Zoo Annual Pass holders on June 19, and Zoo Annual Pass holders and Hersheypark Season Pass holders on June 20 and 21. For more information, visit www.ZooAmerica.com.
No visit to Hersheypark is quite complete without a stay at one of their fantastic resorts. All Hersheypark resorts and the campgrounds are currently open and with new safety enhancements. Plus, they are offering their summer packages as well such as Kids Stay, Play & Eat FREE and 2-Day Stay & Play packages. For rates and additional information, visit www.Hersheypark.com/official-resorts/packages/. You can read all about our stay at The Hershey Lodge HERE, and watch my youtube video below!