This Paw Patrol: Rescue Knights DIY Rescue Knights Shield and Armor Craft post is sponsored by Nickelodeon. All opinions are my own.
Paw Patrol to the rescue!
Nickelodeon‘s new Paw Patrol: Rescue Knights DVD is out now! If you have not seen the Paw Patrol in action as Rescue Knights you are missing out. (It has become my kids favorite Paw Patrol DVD.) You can learn all about this new DVD and it’s release info HERE. Check out below for everything you need to make your own DIY Rescue Knights Shield and Armor Craft inspired by the new DVD.
- PAW Patrol: Rescue Knights – Shield and Armor Craft Template (You can grab the template by clicking the below picture!)
- Paper or card stock
- Crayons, markers, or any coloring supplies
- Hobby knife or scissors
- Binding supplies (i.e., Tape, stapler, hole puncher, ribbon, etc.)
- Print out the templates on 8.5×11 paper or card stock.
- Color, or have your child color the pages. (Shield, front/back of the armor, and armor extenders.)
- Using a hobby knife or scissors cut out the shield/armor/extender templates.
- Trace the templates onto your cardboard and then cut out the cardboard. (You should have a Shield, front/back of the armor, and armor extenders/shield holders.)
- Depending on the size of your child you may need to use the armor shoulder extenders. If needed print out an extra page of armor extenders. Trace and cut out the extenders on your cardboard and tape them to the shoulder portions of the front and back of your armor.
- Glue all of the templates onto your cut-out cardboard. (Shield, front/back of the armor, and armor extenders.)
- Tape or glue your shield handles to the back of the cardboard shield. (You can use just the paper template or cut-out cardboard to make it stronger.)
- Trim as necessary.
- Cut out the holes on the sides of the front/back of the armor with scissors or a hobby knife.
- The final step is to put the armor on your child, string ribbon through the armor side holes, and tie them to keep the armor on. Grab the shield and play!
If you make this craft I would love to know! Let me know in the comments.
Other Paw Patrol Crafts
Looking for more Paw Patrol inspired crafts to make with your Paw Patrol fan? Make sure to check out my DIY Silhouette Jar Craft for Paw Patrol: Pups Save the Alien and my Paw Patrol Communicator Craft!