If I could travel the world with my dog it would be amazing, but unfortunately, he is the size of a small horse and makes traveling difficult. Haha! But that is exactly the premise of Amazon Prime Video’s new show The Pack hosted by Lindsey Vonn. You can read all about the show below, but if you love the Amazing Race then I know for sure you are going to love The Pack. I have all the information below on the new show as well as information on Packed Weekend, happening this weekend, to help celebrate the release of the new show.
To celebrate Packed Weekend D.C. area businesses will be offering discounts, activities, and experiences. Full Event Details for the Washington, D.C. area at PackedWeekend.com, but if you use the search feature you will be able to see if there are any activities near you!
Will you be watching The Pack on Amazon Prime Video?
About THE PACK
The Pack is a new global unscripted series that celebrates the unrivaled bond between dogs and their human companions. Hosted by gold medalist Lindsey Vonn and her canine co-host Lucy, the series features twelve teams of dogs and their humans on an epic adventure across multiple continents. The Amazon Original series The Pack will premiere on November 20th, on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories.
At stake is a life-changing $750,000 for the winning duo and their charity, with $500,000 going to the winners and $250,000 for the animal charity of their choice. Additionally, The Pack donated $250,000 during filming to multiple charities and animal rescue organizations in each country, helping to pay it forward to dogs and those who love them around the world. To win the monetary prize for themselves and their charity, the teams will have to depend on their understanding of one another’s strengths and weaknesses and prove to have the strongest bond in the pack. In each locale, the human and dog duos will face fun and exciting challenges, designed in concert with a team of accredited veterinarians and certified dog experts that also accompany the group on their exciting journey, making sure it is a positive experience for everyone.
Packed Weekend Details
To celebrate the premiere of The Pack on November 20th, Amazon Prime Video has created the ultimate holiday for dogs and the people who love them: an extraordinary PACKED WEEKEND, offering one-of-a-kind, pup-centric experiences in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area. This global celebration, running Friday, November 20th through Sunday, November 22nd, invites everyone and their pets to experience pampering, exciting activities, and a way to help support local businesses.
Amazing Activities, discounts, and more!
Beginning Friday, November 20th, local Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area businesses will offer giveaways, discounted or free services, surprise pup-grades, and gifts with purchase throughout PACKED WEEKEND! Be on the lookout in your neighborhood for discounts at retailers like Bark Social, promotional items at The Shoppes at Art District, free treats like brisket bites for dog diners at Texas Jack’s Barbecue and “puppuccinos” at Dacha Beer Garden, free grooming services at The Muddy Mutt and many other perks!
To complete this jam-PACKED WEEKEND, Prime Video will be hosting two dog-friendly viewing parties of the first two episodes of The Pack at the National Harbor on Saturday, November 21st at 1 pm and the District Wharf on Sunday, November 22nd at 2 pm. For a list of confirmed activities and giveaways in the DMV, see below – and remember to check back with PackedWeekend.com regularly as new brands and delights are being added every day.
Pack Walk Challenge
The PACKED WEEKEND fun continues with the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, a global opportunity to get moving with your pup. Starting Friday, November 20th, everyone can use MapMyFitness or MyFitnessPal apps from Under Armour to participate in “20 Workouts in 30 Days” or “30 Miles in 30 Days” (depending on the app) to help us achieve the largest global pack walk ever while helping you and your pet stay healthy and strong!
During the course of the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, pet parents are encouraged to donate to three worthy charitable organizations right in the app –The American Heart Association’s Healthy Bond for Life, Environmental Defense Fund, and Best Friends Animal Society– to spotlight their own health, that of the planet and to help every dog live their best life. And, to honor the spirit of charity at the heart of The Pack, Prime Video will generously match consumer donations up to $100,000 (split evenly among the charities) for a 24-hour window beginning November 21st. After completing the Challenge, eligible participants will have the chance to win a prize package, including roundtrip travel for four anywhere Alaska Airlines flies. Fans everywhere can get pumped up with a playlist curated exclusively for the PACK WALK CHALLENGE from Amazon Music.
Can’t miss experiences and delights from these dog-loving brands:
• Bark Social – Offering 15% off discount on their online shop at www.barksocial.com, and offering free Sweet Potato Treats and The Pack prize pack items with any purchase over $40 at their pop-up shop, while supplies last.
• Silver and Silver Diner (19 Locations) – Social media contest at all locations for a chance to win a “Family Feast” and a prize pack from The Pack. In addition, enjoy a Special Pups on the Patio “Yappy Hour” from 3-7pm over PACKED WEEKEND at seven locations. All dogs will receive a free frozen treat and prize pack while supplies last. A portion of the “Yappy Hour” sales will benefit a local dog rescue. Yappy Hour Locations: Alexandria, Bethesda, Elkridge, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Waldorf, Washington, D.C.
• Dacha Beer Garden (2 Locations – Shaw and Navy Yard) – Free puppuccinos on Saturday to all dogs while supplies last.
• Animal Welfare League of Arlington – All dog adoption fees receive a 50% off discount for the weekend.
• Pawtiques – Complimentary nail trims on Friday and Saturday, and five free washes to the first five dogs up to 50 lbs. that make a reservation.
• Tabandeh – Free pair of winter gloves with a purchase of any pair of boots or shoes purchased while supplies last.
• Cana Vineyards and Winery – Complimentary prize packs from The Pack to all dog families while supplies last.
• The Muddy Mutt – Offering free prize packs from The Pack for the first 150 washes over PACKED WEEKEND while supplies last. Additionally, they will host a social media contest to give away 10 free washes.
• Good Luck Cellars – Give away free prize packs from The Pack to everyone that comes with a dog over the weekend while supplies last. Free “Good Luck” Wine glass with the purchase of a bottle of wine while supplies last.
• Texas Jack’s Barbecue – Offering a dog menu for a free treat and receive a prize pack from The Pack while supplies last, plus a social media contest for a free meal for two.
• The Manor at Silo Falls – Complimentary prize packs from The Pack to everyone that comes with a dog over the weekend while supplies last, and “Yappy Hour” pricing all weekend.
• Westin Hotel National Harbor Lobby Bar – Will host “Yappy Hour” each day over PACKED WEEKEND from 1-3pm, offering a specialty cocktail, free puppuccinos, and prize pack distribution while supplies last.
• The Esplanade at National Harbor – Free prize packs to people that tour the apartments over PACKED WEEKEND. Anyone that signs a lease over Packed Weekend will receive three months of pet fees waived.
• Cole Haan at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 10% off to those who sign up for emails/membership this weekend.
• J. Jill at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 10% off purchases over the weekend and an additional $5 off for first time email subscribers.
• Nina McLemore at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 20% off purchases over the weekend.
• Le Pain Quotidien at The Shops at Wisconsin Place – Offering 10% off and a free dog treat to all customers with dogs while supplies last.
• The Pet Spa at Barkley Square – Give away prize packs to all dogs that come in for grooming over the weekend. Also hosting a social media contest to give away five free month passes for dog washes.
• Anne Arundel SPCA – Receive a free prize pack with all dog adoptions over the weekend while supplies last.
• Carhartt – Raffling off a free dog jacket during intermission of The Pack screening at National Harbor.
• The Shoppes at Art District – Free promo items from The Pack on Friday and Saturday at select times while supplies last.
• From Head to Tail Spa – Hosting a social media contest for a free pup couch and free doggie spa day!
• Camp Bow Wow (2 locations – Frederick and Columbia) – will offer pet parents everywhere the chance to win a free year of doggy day care and boarding Camp services for their dog at one of their 180+ locations.
• Whiskey Charlie – Custom drink menu offered all weekend at their location in the District Wharf while supplies last.
• Diament Jewelry and Gifts – Offering 25% off discount on all dog items on Sunday, November 22nd while supplies last.
• Shake Shack at District Wharf – Offering free Poochinis on Sunday, November 22nd while supplies last.
• Magnolia’s on King – Offering $8 Doggie & Human Snack Bowl Duos – Chicken & Brown Rice for pups / Smoked Gouda Grit & Red Gravy Bowls for humans while supplies last. Proceeds benefiting Project Second Chance Animal Rescue.
• The National Harbor – Hosting a viewing party of the first two episodes of The Pack on Saturday, November 21st at 1pm. Various businesses will be handing out dog treats, while supplies last, including: ZAAF, Alex and Ani, and Carhartt.
• The District Wharf – Hosting a viewing party of the first two episodes of The Pack on Sunday, November 22nd at 2pm. Various businesses will be handing out dog treats, while supplies last, including: The Big Bad Woof, Woofbowl, Metro Mutts, Fur-Get Me Not, Cordial at the Wharf Craft Wine & Spirits, The Brighton, Cantina Bambina, Martha Spak Gallery at the Wharf, and Praline Bakery.
To find out how you can take advantage of these local and nationwide offerings, and for a complete list of paw-ticipating brands, visit PackedWeekend.com.