Disney’s Frozen 2 is Special
I don’t know about you but I am super pumped for Disney’s Frozen 2 to come out on digital and Blu-ray. In my house, we usually do digital downloads of movies, but I think I will need to make an exception in this case. If you follow my blog or any of my social channels you might remember last November (2019) I got the chance of a lifetime to attend the Frozen 2 world premiere in California. You can read all about it HERE.
I walked the red carpet, saw the movie, met some of the cast, and then got to interview the cast. (You can read my Frozen 2 movie review HERE, and you can also read about the interview and the Mom, to Mom moment I had with Kristin Bell HERE.) Because of this Disney’s Frozen 2 holds a special place in my heart, and soon it will hold a special place on my shelf. And of course to make it extra special there is a lot of new content that will be included in the movie release. You can check out all of the information below!
Disney’s Frozen 2 will release just in time for Valentine’s Day! (It would make a perfect Valentine’s gift!) Frozen 2 is on Digital in 4K Ultra HD™, HD and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 11, and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on Feb. 25.
“Frozen 2” bonus features include deleted scenes, deleted songs, Easter eggs, outtakes and a sing-along version with lyrics to the film’s forever-infectious songs. Extras invite viewers to go behind-the-scenes to hear personal, making-of stories from the “Frozen 2” cast and crew. Fans who bring the film home early on Digital will receive two exclusive extras: an interview with songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, who won an Oscar® for Best Original Song (“Let It Go,” 2014) and wrote seven original songs for “Frozen 2,” and a deleted song titled “Unmeltable Me.”
Blu-ray & Digital: Bonus Features (May vary by retailer.)
- Sing-Along Version of the Movie – Sing along with your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics. Songs include Oscar®-nominated “Into The Unknown,” “All Is Found,” “Some Things Never Change,” “When I Am Older,” “Lost in the Woods,” “Show Yourself,” and “The Next Right Thing”
- Outtakes – Laugh along with the cast of “Frozen 2” as they record their lines, sing their songs and have fun in the recording booth.
- Deleted Scenes – Check out a few scenes that never made the final cut.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck offer a glimpse into their filmmaking process with scenes that didn’t make the final cut.
- Prologue – A battle rages between Arendelle and the Northuldra while a mysterious figure challenges King Agnarr.
- Secret Room – A secret room reveals even more of Anna and Elsa’s past, including a shocking revelation about their mother.
- Elsa’s Dream – Anna’s playful glimpse into Elsa’s dream takes a dark turn.
- Hard Nokks – Kristoff reveals his true feelings about life in Arendelle when the Nokk won’t take no for an answer.
- A Place of Our Own – Elsa uses her magic to relieve Anna’s lingering doubts about their parents’ faith in her.
- When it comes to “Frozen 2,” there can never be too much music. Hear some of the songs that got cut from the final film.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck revel in the chance to share a few songs that didn’t make it into the final film.
- “Home” – Anna savors every moment as she wanders through this kingdom she calls home.
- “I Wanna Get This Right” – Kristoff wants everything to be perfect before he proposes, leaving Anna to wonder, “Will it ever be just right?”
- The Spirits of “Frozen 2” – Cast and crew explore the Scandinavian and Nordic mythology that inspired the spirits inhabiting the enchanted forest of “Frozen 2.”
- Did You Know??? – Olaf asks us the question “Did You Know” as we discover “Frozen 2” fun facts, Easter eggs and tidbits about the making of the film.
- Scoring a Sequel – Composer Christophe Beck combines a 91-piece orchestra with 30 choral voices to create the compelling score for “Frozen 2.”
- Gale Tests – They say you can’t see the wind. Only its effects. Filmmakers give it a shot while creating the playful wind spirit, Gale.
- Gale Test – A young girl and boy play tag in this fully animated effort to “give personality to something that’s invisible.”
- Hand-Drawn Gale Test – A hand-drawn test to bring the precocious wind spirit to life.
- “Into the Unknown” in 29 Languages – Hear Elsa’s soaring call to adventure in 29 different languages
- Music Videos – Weezer and Panic! at the Disco lend their voices to a few of the soaring melodies from “Frozen 2.”
- “Into the Unkown” (Panic! at the Disco version) – Panic! at the Disco frontman Brendon Urie stars in their version of “Into The Unknown” from “Frozen 2.”
- “Lost in the Woods” (Weezer version) – Weezer puts their spin on Kristoff’s epic ballad, “Lost In the Woods.”
- Meet the Lopezes – Meet the award-winning husband-and-wife team behind the incredible songs from “Frozen” and “Frozen 2.”
- Deleted Song “Unmeltable Me” – An animatic version of Olaf’s celebratory song about his newfound freedom.
About Frozen 2
In “Frozen 2,” the answer to why Elsa was born with magical powers is calling her and threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she sets out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In “Frozen,” Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In the highly anticipated sequel, she must hope they are enough. From the Academy Award®-winning team—directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, producer Peter Del Vecho and songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez—“Frozen 2” features the voices of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad.