Marvel’s Eternals is the movie that got my butt back into the movie theater after almost 2 years of being away. I think I skipped into the movie theater because I was not only excited to be back in a theater, but back watching a Marvel movie on the big screen. While Marvel’s Eternals was not exactly what I had hoped it would be it was still entertaining and gave me hope for the next Marvel phase. Eternals is on Disney+ and digital now, and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD February 15. You can find my short review below along with the bonus features you will find on digital and blu-ray.
Sadly, Eternals is not my favorite Marvel Movie. (It’s also not the worst Marvel movie.) As a fan I understand the importance the Eternals plays in the Marvel Universe so it was fun to be able to see Chloé Zhao’s vision of the Eternals. I felt half of the cast was phenominal. Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo and Lauren Ridloff as Makkari were my standouts for the movie. The other half of the cast was just full of well known actors who I had a hard time really seeing them in their role.
As a DC fan as well I will say Eternals came across more as a DC movie then a Marvel movie. (Which I was ok with. My husband on the other hand not so much. Haha!) The action and special effects are pure Marvel and are amazing to watch, and while I found the story interesting and some of the character changes good choices I do not feel the movie lived up to the hype that surrounded it. Still, if you are a Marvel fan it is a must to add to your collection.
Marvel’s Eternals Bonus Features
- Audio Commentary – View the film with audio commentary by Chloé Zhao, Stephane Ceretti, Mårten Larsson
- Immortalized – Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe launches into the cosmos with the Eternals. In this behind-the-scenes documentary, dive deep into the reasons why Marvel wanted to immortalize these superheroes for the MCU.
- Walks of Life – Eternals unveils Marvel’s biggest and most diverse lineup of Super Heroes in one film. Hear reactions from the cast on being involved in the film and the instant sense of camaraderie that was felt on the day they all joined each other in their costumes.
- Gag Reel – Watch some of the hilarious mishaps of the charming cast and crew.
- Deleted Scenes
- Gravity – Phastos and Jack have a conversation that leads to a breakthrough.
- Nostalgia – Sprite and Makkari reminisce about humankind while overlooking the ruins of Babylon.
- Movies – Gligamesh and Kingo connect over movies while crossing the Amazon River with the rest of the team.
- Small Talk – Sprite confronts Dane in the museum about his interactions with Sersi.
- *bonus features vary by product and retailer
Marvel Studios’ Eternals follows a group of ancient heroes from beyond the stars who had protected Earth since the dawn of man. When monstrous creatures called Deviants, long thought lost to history, mysteriously return, the Eternals are forced to reunite in order to defend humanity once again. The outstanding ensemble cast includes Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lia McHugh, Brian Tyree Henry, Lauren Ridloff, Barry Keoghan, Don Lee, Kit Harington, Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie.