Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon is out on digital now!
That’s right, and it will be on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, and DVD beginning May 18. Originally releasing on Disney+ with premier access my daughter is so excited to now be able to watch Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon on digital whenever she wants. It is one of her favorite movies of the year so far, and she is absolutely in love with Raya. (You can read my full review of the movie HERE, you can grab some Raya and the Last Dragon Activity Sheets HERE, and coloring sheets HERE!) We sat down together today, watched the movie, and then she and I watched the bonus features together. I love the bonus features that come along with the at-home release of Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon. You can check out all of Raya and the Last Dragon At Home Release Info below!
Disney’s New Animated Short, Us Again
One of the really cool bonus features that comes with the at-home release of Raya and the Last Dragon is Disney’s new animated short, US Again. It is a short film about how even though we grow old we can always be young at heart. You can watch a new clip from Us Again below, and check out the full animated short when you watch Raya and the Last Dragon.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon Bonus Features*
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- Us Again – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team–virtually–over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – You’ll get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film…and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
- Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
- Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword, when it used to have magical powers.
- Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
- The Heart of the Dragon – Co-Director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
- Kelly Marie Tran as the voice of Raya
- Awkwafina as the voice of Sisu
- Izaac Wang as the voice of Boun
- Gemma Chan as the voice of Namaari
- Daniel Dae Kim as the voice of Benja
- Benedict Wong as the voice of Tong
- Jona Xiao as the voice of Young Namaari
- Sandra Oh as the voice of Virana
- Thalia Tran as the voice of Little Noi
- Lucille Soong as the voice of Dang Hu
- Alan Tudyk as the voice of Tuk Tuk
Raya and the Last Dragon Film Synopsis
Long ago, in the fantasy world of Kumandra, humans and dragons lived together in harmony. But when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, those same monsters have returned and it’s up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the last dragon in order to finally stop the Druun for good. However, along her journey, she’ll learn that it’ll take more than dragon magic to save the world—it’s going to take trust as well. From directors Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, co-directors Paul Briggs and John Ripa, producers Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho, and featuring the voices of Kelly Marie Tran as Raya and Awkwafina as Sisu.