This Blue’s Clues & You! Story Time with Blue: Touch/Feel Book Craft post is sponsored by Nickelodeon. All opinions are my own.
Happy 25th Anniversary Blue’s Clues!
Can you believe it has been 25 years since Blue’s Clues first aired?! I remember sitting down and watching Blue and Steve and then eventually Blue and Joe. Now, my kids get to sit down and watch Blue and Josh. It’s crazy and not many shows get to be on the air for so long. So, when I was approached to create a craft for the new Blue’s Clues & You! Story Time with Blue DVD that would be posted during the Blue’s Clues 25th Anniversary I could not say no. Blue’s Clues holds such a special place in my heart, and I had such a fun time creating this craft. While the 25th Anniversary celebrations continue make sure you check out the new Blue’s Clues & You! Story Time with Blue! Available on September 14, 2021.
Blue’s Clues & You! Story Time with Blue: Touch/Feel Book Craft
What I love about this craft is even though it may seem like a difficult craft in reality it’s not, and you can do as many or as few touch/feel elements you like. From start to finish the craft does not take long to make, and the majority of the materials you may already have in your house. My kids love reading and playing with their Blue’s Clues & You! Story Time with Blue: Touch/Feel Book Craft and I hope your kids do too!
- Story Time with Blue Touch/Feel Book template (Click the picture above to download it.)
- 6 pieces of 8.5×11 Card Stock
- 3 pieces of Cardboard (8.5×11 size)
- Blue Felt (Light, Medium, and Dark Blue)
- Pink Felt
- Heavy duty plastic table cloth (Dark blue)
- Pipe Cleaners (At least 3)
- Ribbon (Assorted colors)
- Vinyl (Silver and lavender)
- Glue Gun and glue sticks (Orange, Red, Silver, Black, and Blue)
- Tin foil
- Craft knife
- Hole punch
- Print out the Story Time with Blue Touch/ Feel Book template in color on 8.5×11 cardstock. (Save 1 blank card stock piece for the back of your book.)
- If you have kids and they would like to help, you can give them the last page to color while you start working on the craft.
- Cut out your cardboard to 8.5×11 to match the template. (Trim as needed to match the card stock.)
- Using your craft knife cut out the following sections on the template. (You can cut out as many or as few as you like.)
- Page 1 – The round dark spots of blue’s ears and her nose.
- Page 2 – Cut out the red and green balloons, as well as the ribbon on the present Blue is holding.
- Page 3 – Cut out the first 2 cake layers under the icing but leave the bottom layer intact.
- Page 4 – Cut out the tops of Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, Tickety Tock’s Bells, Slippery Soaps main body (cut out and save his mouth), the dark blue circles on blue’s ears, the dark pink circles on Magenta’s ears, the first 2 stripes on Josh’s sweater, and several of the confetti pieces.
- Page 5 – Cut out the 5 paw print pieces.
- Now it’s time to insert the touch/feel elements
- Page 1 – Cut 2 pieces of medium blue felt pieces for blue’s ears and the dark blue table cloth for blue’s nose. Tape the pieces to the back of page 1 in their respective locations.
- Page 2 – Cut up the red and green balloons to fit the balloon shapes and tape them to the back of page 2. Do the same for the ribbon for the present.
- Page 3 – Cut a piece of silver vinyl and tape it on the back of page 3 to make the cake silver.
- Page 4 – Cut out pieces of tin foil and tape them to the back of page 4 where Mr. Salt, Mrs. Pepper, and Tickety Tock’s bells are. Cut out medium blue, dark blue, and pink felt and tape them to the back of page 4 for blue’s ears, Josh’s sweater, and Magenta’s ears. Cut out a piece of lavender vinyl and tape it to the back of Slippery Soap. (Glue Slipper Soap’s mouth back on and draw on his eyes and eyebrows.) Then cut out different pieces of ribbon and tape to the back of page 4 for the confetti pieces.
- Page 5 – Cut out a big piece of light blue felt and tape it on the back of page 5 to create blue’s paw print.
- For this step you will need to glue all pages to a piece of cardboard front and back. With this step page 1 and 2 should be done.
- It’s glue gun time! For page 3 use red glue to create raised stripes on the candles, and orange glue to create the flames. Use silver glue for the numbers, and on the edge of the pink icing to bind the paper to the silver vinyl. This also makes it look like the icing is dripping down the cake. Page 4 – Use the red glue to fill in Mailboxes flag, black glue to out line side table drawer, and silver to outline pails handle. Page 5 – Use blue glue to out line the 5 different areas on blue’s paw print.
- Give all of the page’s time to set and dry.
- Punch three holes on the left side of your pages.
- Run your pipe cleaners, or ribbon, which ever you prefer, through the holes and tie them off. Cutting off any excess.
- Your Story Time with Blue Touch/Feel Book is now complete!